Sunday, December 5, 2010

"Approximately 5.9 million U.S. adults own an eReader."

Paul Biba, TeleRead.com

I read an article the other day about e-readers. Apparently, ownership of electronic reading devices has soared from 2.1 million people (in the March to October period of 2009) to 5.9 million people (in the same period of 2010), an increase of about 180% in a year's time. Previously, male users outnumbered female users 56% to 44%, but now, the numbers have almost evened out, with men at 49% and women now in the lead at 51%, mirroring the world population. These numbers do not include tablet computers (i.e., iPads, netbooks, laptops, etc.), only dedicated e-readers.

And then tonight, I found out that one of my friends got a Kindle in October and likes it a lot.

Argh!

I know it's inevitable: soon enough, I'm going to be part of these statistics. But right now, I'm still resisting.

No comments:

Post a Comment