Monday, November 22, 2010

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

– Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Originally, I was going to blog about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows today, but I've had two obstacles this weekend preventing me from seeing the movie: Saturday, I walked over to the Maryland Science Center (because there's no way I'm not seeing this thing in IMAX!) and found signs on the door that said sold out for the rest of the day. The website had not been updated to reflect this, so I was annoyed. Sometimes, I hate technology, particularly when I find myself relying on it too much.

Lesson learned.

Today, I was going to go see it at 8 p.m., but before that, I was going to have to wait for the Dish Network people to set up satellite at my condo – not necessarily at my behest, as I could live just fine without cable TV, but my roommates wanted it, so that was that. I'll use it, though, especially while Dexter is airing its final episodes of the season. And I love having a DVR! If we didn't get cable, I was going to buy a TiVo anyway and just use it with my antenna TV. Dish Network with DVR is the next best thing (not the best because I actually have to pay for satellite every month, whereas antenna TV is free). Anyway, back to the point: the installation got started later than expected, and it took much longer than expected – basically because Comcast sucks. We'll pin this one on Comcast, because of the way they wired our place. It's just not satellite-friendly.

But anyway, the dish is installed, the DVR is mostly set, I got to watch Dexter because of 3 months of free Showtime and HBO, and now it's time for bed. Maybe I'll see Harry Potter on Tuesday, when I don't have class. Any takers? I have no problem going alone, though. ;-)

P.S. I so need to read the Harry Potter books again! Maybe next summer.

1 comment:

  1. I have yet to read ANY Harry Potter book. Ever. I think I might finally get down to it during our time off and then I'll have the movies to look forward to... since I've never seen any of those either!

    ReplyDelete