Saturday, November 27, 2010

"There is a great deal of difference between an eager man who wants to read a book and a tired man who wants a book to read."

G.K. Chesteron

Here are some of the

BOOKS I'M THINKING ABOUT READING OVER BREAK

  • The Untelling by Tayari Jones
  • Between Camelots by David Harris Ebenbach
  • The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender
  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  • Dracula by Bram Stoker
  • Hard Times by Charles Dickens
  • Skeleton Key by Stephen King (already started it, though; short stories)

3 comments:

  1. I'd say definitely read Pride and Prejudice before you read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies first, and I think a lot of it was lost on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Will do. I want to read that too. I read the first chapter or two of P&P in undergrad, but we didn't get to read the whole thing. I'm just playing catch-up now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might have to steal a few from your list! That's what I'm trying to accomplish for our vacation... some good reading. Or crappy--as long as it's entertaining:)

    ReplyDelete