Sunday, September 26, 2010

"She's not going to have premarital sex until she's married."

– Bright Abbott on Everwood

If you don't know me very well, you may not know this, but I watch TV like it's my job; I watch entirely too much TV.

Which means that this past week has been amazing and yet stressful for me. On top of homework, class, and work, I now have to add a large pile of TV shows to my to do list. Thankfully, True Blood is over for the season, and Mad Men will be over next month. That's two shows down for the season, at least 13-18 to go (depending on how you count them).

I wouldn't have it any other way. :-)

Sundays, I'm watching Brothers and Sisters (ABC) and Dexter (Showtime) – and, for a few more weeks, Mad Men (AMC), which I am relieved to say did a complete 180º, going from a terrible season 3 to an awesome season 4.

Mondays, I have nothing for now, but I plan to watch Lonestar (FOX) at some point, even though I'm 98% sure it's going to be cancelled. I saw the pilot, and I really liked it. Anyway, in the spring, my Monday show will be The United States of Tara (Showtime).

Tuesdays, I'm watching Glee (FOX), Life Unexpected (The CW), and Parenthood (NBC). Unfortunately, the critically acclaimed Life Unexpected will probably be cancelled after its initial 13-episode second season order, due to low ratings. Parenthood didn't exactly rock the ratings house either. In November, V (ABC) premiers, and if it stays in the same timeslot, it will air on Tuesdays; honestly, I don't expect it to be renewed for a third season. I've seen the pilot to No Ordinary Family (ABC) and will likely be watching that as well, and I want to watch Raising Hope (FOX) at some point, but it's going to have to wait.

Wednesdays, I have no commitments, but I am mildly interested in Undercovers (NBC). I might watch it when the season is over. Also, in the spring, Glee and Raising Hope will be switching to Wednesdays to make room for American Idol.

Thursdays, I'm watching The Vampire Diaries (The CW), 30 Rock (NBC), and The Office (NBC). I was actually impressed with The Office's premier, as I did not like last season and fully expected this one to be terrible as well. They've got me for at least a few more episodes. Also on the potentially watch list is Nikita (The CW). I've seen the pilot, and for a CW remake, it was actually pretty good. And surprisingly strong in the ratings.

Fridays, I'm watching the final season of Smallville (The CW) – which started off amazing, by the way – as well as the shouldn't-even-exist sixth season of Supernatural (The CW). It's not that I didn't want Supernatural to be renewed; it's just that I wanted the producers/network to stick to the original five-year plan that the show's creator had. This surprise renewal resulted in a bit of a cop-out for the season five ending, which should have been amazing but instead was a little too miraculous for my taste. That said, the premier left something to be desired, but I'll continue watching out of loyalty and to see if it gets back to the high-quality episodes I know the show can produce. Anyway, in the spring, I'll be watching the spinoff/second season of Spartacus: Blood and Sand (Starz). I'm so sad for Andy Whitfield and wish him the best in his cancer treatment. I hope he'll be better in time for season three, but obviously, it's not about the show. Best wishes, Andy. Get some rest. Take your time. <3

6 comments:

  1. Roger, I might have to stage an intervention and drag you to TV rehab. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, nooo. That's highly unnecessary. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. modern family and it's always sunny in philadelphia are musts as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the first season (or at least most of it) of Sunny, but I never went back and watched the rest; I plan to do so someday. Modern Family...I didn't think it was AS good as all the critics made it out to be, so I didn't watch it after the pilot, but I probably will at some point. I don't know. I just wasn't feeling it as much as I thought I would. I psyched myself up too much. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's always hulu if you absolutely have to work instead of watch TV!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah. Unfortunately, not everything I watch is on Hulu.

    ReplyDelete