Friday, October 22, 2010

"I hope they make a video game of me. At least I wouldn't have any cellulite then."

Scarlett Johansson

I'm going to Ren Fest in Annapolis tomorrow, so I'm probably going to be shooting some video there. I thought that would be a fun venue for a video/photo shoot. Beyond that, though, I'm still not entirely sure what I want to do. I'll probably record some other footage near my apartment, but right now, I need a way to combine the two.

Perhaps Renn Fest can serve as a flashback and the other footage can be the present. It's difficult to know what to record for Monday's class when we're not being graded on it and I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing for my final project. Because why not use this "free" time to make a video I can use? It seems this video project is meant to prepare us for the final, just like the other projects before it have done. I still need to start writing my content for the final project before I really know what kind of video I want to make, because, like I said, whatever video I work on during Monday's class will probably end up in my final project, in some form – probably with a few other videos.

I'll post an update soon, probably after Renn Fest.

3 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm having the same problem deciding what to shoot for the video edit on monday. Part of me just wants to use footage I already have of myself. . . and then just write some narration to go over it.

    The renn festival is definitelty a good place for footage, though it would be hard to match the fooatge to video not shot there. This is definitely a weird assignment, too few concrete details. but thats why we have editors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they still do the axe-throw? Where you throw little axes at targets? I remember doing this, years ago, half-drunk on mead, and thinking, even then, that it was a terrible idea, liability speaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Vinnie, they do! Axes, knives, and stars! :-)

    ReplyDelete