Sunday, October 24, 2010

"I'll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween."

– Unknown author/coiner, but I found it on Quote Garden

The fall equinox was exactly 31 days ago, and yet it's supposed to be 76 degrees Fahrenheit on Wednesday. Is this normal for Maryland? I don't remember what last year was like, but even so, that was only one year out of – well, since the beginning of temperature records in Maryland – and could have been a fluke. Is this year a fluke? I guess I'm not complaining. It's not exactly hot outside these days, and I've got visitors coming soon, so I'm hoping some of the warmth will actually stick around so we can go exploring in Baltimore and D.C. without freezing or sweating to death!

Meanwhile, Halloween is coming up next weekend, and I still don't know if I should dress up when we go to Fells on Saturday night – or what I want to be. It sucks being relatively poor, but I guess it encourages creativity; maybe I should just make something and/or use things I already have. And who says I have to be something? Couldn't I just embody Halloween itself?

1 comment:

  1. Make something! Guaranteed you can figure out a cool costume with what you have in your apartment. You can always go with the staple, wear a pot on your head and flannel. (A pot head...hehe)

    ReplyDelete