Sunday, October 24, 2010

"If you must leave your woman alone, be sure to tie her down..."

– from "Chandler's Shop" by The O'Danny Girls

Looking through my footage from Renn Fest yesterday, I've decided that, since the joust was the most exciting part, I'm going to be using it quite a bit in my mini movie. I'd like to feature small clips from some of the other Renn Fest shows, as well as a few that take place outside Renn Fest.

For instance, today, I shot some footage at the harbor. I got a few people walking by (at different angles), some ships coming in, and even a few seconds of the pirate ship that floats around the harbor. I'm thinking this video is going to be some kind of journey through time, since I've got Rennaissance events, pirate ships, modern ships, etc., and since many people (myself included) at Renn Fest were dressed in "normal," modern clothing, there is a bridge between time periods. An anachronism, of course, but still, there is a bridge. I'm not sure what to do with that just yet.

In any case, before today, I was a little worried that I wasn't going to have anything to work with on Monday, but now, with the additional footage I shot, I think I'll be okay. I still don't know if it will be useful for my final project or not, though, because I still need to come up with my story for the hypertext narrative.

More to come on all of this in the next few weeks! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment